Welcome to Year 3!
Whats happening in Year 3....
Our trip to 360
Our current mini topic is The Christmasaurus. As a part of this topic we are learning about:
- Play scripts- We are learning the features of play scripts and how to write our own Christmasaurus play script.
- Poetry - We are learning about rhyming and how to write our own Christmasaurus rhyming poem.
- Art - We are making dinosaur themed Christmas cards, dinosaur ornaments and are making our own puppets to go with our Christmasaurus play script.
- Computing - We are creating posters for our Christmasaurus play script and are looking at how to stay safe online.
- Music - We are composing our own music for our play script and are learning how to simply notate music.
- PSHE - We are thinking about how everyone is unique, what makes us special and respecting other people's differences.
Ways to enhance your child's learning at home.....
- Create a poster on how to respect one another and our differences on Publisher or PowerPoint
- Listen to music and share how the music has made you feel
- Create your own dinosaur themed crafts
- Create your own Christmas themed play script or poem
Please bring your learning in to share with the class :)
Friday 1st December: Winter Wonderland- see blog for details
Monday 4th December: KS2 Christingle assembly 10am at OPA
Thursday 7th December: Christingle assembly 9am at SW.
Tuesday 12th December: Christmas Lunch
Wednesday 13th December: Christmas Party Day
Thursday 14th December: Christmas Carols & Enterprise Fayre 5-6.30pm at Shenley Wood.
Friday 15th December: Christmas Jumper Day
Break up for Christmas
Wednesday 3rd January: Inset Day
As we are 1 school over 2 campuses, our pupils will access facilities at both sites to enjoy the excellent, but differing provision and facilities. This will normally be done through escorted walks. If we are using the school minibuses we will ask you to sign a consent agreement. With escorted walks to support our curriculum, we will, as always for local walks, notify you on our Year page that we are going out in order that you can ensure children have appropriate clothing.
Our PE day is Thursday. Please come to school wearing your PE kit.
Home school link book:
Please use your home school link book to record any reading with your child and any notes for your class teachers. If your child attends a club, 4 o'clock club or ziggy could you please record which days your child attends these in the diary so the class teachers can keep a record.