Our offer to you
Working at Oxley Park Academy is a happy experience and we work hard to keep it that way. Here are a few ways that, as an employer, we make sure our staff feel valued.
A Place to Escape
We have invested in making sure our staff facilities on both our campuses are havens to escape. Places to relax, refresh and socialise with your colleagues. They are kept well-resourced, clean and maintained.
Professional Development Training
- We pride ourselves in our training provision. We have full access to the National College training provision, which gives you free access to a wide range of training you can access yourself. From support with a subject, through to managing difficult conversations, there is a thorough provision available and these are constantly updated.
- We also provide a full series of safeguarding training for all staff. Further to the statutory training, you have access to a wide variety of safeguarding themes that may be specific to your role or where you have a specific interest.
- As an employer, we also support individual development through the National Professional Qualifications (NPQ) programmes. We have a number of staff who have accessed/are accessing these. Staff other than teachers also access development suitably matched to their role.
- Furthermore, our own in-house training is planned out to the needs of the school and the people in it. Training is well-planned and thorough, using high-quality resources. Examples of this include Little Wandle Phonics training, White Rose Maths training, Enrich orienteering training and attachment training just to name a few.
- Regular visits to other schools and training from our two main partnerships this year include PiXL and Behaviour Hub.
- We also work in close partnership with our cluster schools. This provides opportunities to train as champions for our Teaching and Learning philosophy - Magenta. Opportunities to support and work in other schools are open to these roles.
- We are part of a school partnership group where we review each other's schools on a specific area. Opportunities to work alongside these schools to support their development also provides great CPD.
- We are always open to new ways to help develop our staff. We believe skilled and empowered staff are the best!
Further provisions for you...
- Amazing children!
- PPA weekly together in your teams
- Year group teams of at least 3 teachers, so workload is well shared
- Sport coaches to lead and deliver games sessions
- Excellent use of technology to support your workload.
- Teachers all have their own iPad as well as a laptop
- Constant focus on streamlining all working practices to reduce workload
- Open-minded SLT who listen and act!
- Behaviour Policy that is well structured and includes leadership to support staff
- Levels of leadership across both campuses. Ensures you have constant leadership support.
- A staff structure with opportunities to develop and progress your career.
- Committed to keeping in line with National Terms and Conditions of Service
- Full range of family-friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements*
- Incremental pay progression*
- Access to Occupational Health
- Local Government Pension Scheme – considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement for support staff – 27 days to start rising to 31 days after 5 years service*
- Free and extensive staff parking
- Accommodation in the form of a 3-bed detached house. (If vacant at the time of need)
- Social activities regularly organised
- Family feel to Team Oxley
*: conditions apply/pro rata for part time workers
Pupils simply love their school! Ofsted 2022
My children enjoy attending each day. They find the work challenging and interesting. They really like the teaching staff and feel supported and have grown in confidence.
Working at Oxley is so special and unique. Everyone is so kind, well-being is at the forefront and our community are a delight. I love my job! (Teacher)
The school missions and values make my son want to be a part of the Academy and try his best. I feel proud that my sons are at Oxley Park and the Nursery and I feel that the changes being made are really positive!
The children are oozing with so much more ‘zest’ since the start of this year, which makes us as parents happier and excited about their future at OPA.
My children love the school! My eldest was quiet, didn’t want to learn, didn’t enjoy school. Now he is settled, has friends and has started to show improvements. My daughter loves her teachers and is extremely enthusiastic.